Friday 10 February 2012

Dadi's superstition for good life

With this title you all must be thinking that this blog will again tell you that how our grandparents can be conservative or superstitious.
 But I would like to tell you that you will not find any such things infact my grandma is not at all superstitious, she is the one who loves to attend kitty parties, she is the one who encourages me to attend parties , hang out with friends and many a times I ask her about good restaurants in town.
But there are certain things which she follows may be one can call them superstitions but in my   grandma’s eyes those things are discipline of life to lead a good life.
Recently, Star one channel has turned to Life ok and they have come up with some new serials out of which ‘Devo ke Dev mahadev’ a story on lord Shiva and goddess parvati is the best one to watch.
I along with my three sisters watch that that show with my grandma because she keeps on giving additional information about lord Shiva as the reason that she is a pure devotee to lord Shiva.
few days back while watching that serial my younger sister made some joke on the actor who is playing the role of lord Shiva in the serial and suddenly my grandma shouted on my sister although she never say any word to us.
She said “uska mazaak udake tum log bholenath ka hi mazaak uda rehe ho kyunki bana to voh bholenath hi hua hai naa.” By saying that joke we are actually linking it to Lord Shiva.
At that time even I laughed on the situation but after few minutes I realised that her intention was not to scold us, but to tell us that such jokes sometimes becomes our habit to criticise which we should not follow.
In this practical world, where sharing has faded out from people’s mind at this time only My grand ma first offer the very first bite of her chappati to god by putting it in the temple placed in her room.She believes that by doing this god will always bless our family with good health and life.
Whenever I drop even two drops of milk, my grandma teaches me a good lesson, and tells me that for us milk is not any other thing to drink. For us it’s a gift by god and we are lucky that we are getting or we can buy it because there are many people who die to get it.
If we think about superstitions, then there are many and out of them the black cat crossing(kali
billi rasta kat jayegi) is very famous and in today’s time nobody has time to pay attention to them but in them there are certain superstitions which I would like to call them the “facts” that we should follow them because by doing it we actually learn something and it makes no difference to our lives and lastly they are made by our ancestors only so there must be any reasons behind them.




5 comments:

  1. elderly ppl r xperienced... so, v shud follow their teachings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sone ko jitna ragdte hai utni hi uski chamak nikahr ti hai.. nd by following there path we can increase our xprnce........

    ReplyDelete