Thursday 26 January 2012

Rise up!


I went to see the Republic Day Parade today... Since I have started my entry like this, you all may expect that I will talk about this day. But I won’t because there is something else that I have learnt on this occasion and I would like to share it with you all. By the way, I had an amazing experience this morning but another reason why I won't talk about the parade after this paragraph is because I thought that too much of Sukhoi and An-32 and Dorniers won’t be good for me. (That's another story, will tell you in person :D)

As some of my friends know, for a while now my body is not that strong and is falling prey to something or the other. And, this time it has cost me theatre, another secret project ;), college and Anugoonj... our University Fest where I cannot participate in anything because of a stupid injury. Believe me when I say I love participating in stuff, but now, I can just roam around like a zombie for a few more weeks because any kind of strenuous activity can have uglier consequences. Even now while I am typing, I have a hot water bottle stuck behind my back.

Me with my too hot to handle hot water bottle.


The reason why I am whining about my health issues is that I want you guys to know that I was pretty demoralized after spending so many days at home without doing anything and when my every effort to do something productive was thwarted and I found myself again in bed recovering.

But today while I was sitting happily in the VIP section (I had to mention it somehow!) and watching defence regiments march past, I thought to myself, “ Look at these guys, they are going slowly but so gracefully, every soldier is taking care of not leaving the other behind so that they are beautifully moving forward in a synchronized way, even the ex-servicemen in their marching contingent with their old age and the ailments that it brings with it are not rushing into anything and are taking one graceful step at a time.”

That’s when I realised, “Tanvi, rise up! It’s not the end of the world! (I am sure it is not, till 21st December at least.) Why do you have to rush into things? It is only wise to take rest now to be productive later. Take one graceful step at a time. Also, just like a marching contingent, your body is made up of parts that need to be in sync with other body parts to make your body move forward.”

Well, I am pretty upbeat after realising this and suddenly I am feeling less sick too! Guess, I needed a little bit of psychotherapy and not physiotherapy. Hahaha :P And I would like to say this to all of you my dear friends, slow and steady wins the race, a few failures do not mean the end of the world and have patience in life. This epiphany is making me see things clearly, hope it will help you all too. CHEERS TO LIFE!!

11 comments:

  1. Tanvi I didnt laugh at all while reading this!! Infact I feel this is one of those very "intellectual" and "self-realisation" kind of "confession" entries.
    "VIP" huh? I was there 3 years back. (I had to mention it somehow!):P
    Was the increase in font size in the last para intentional? It went with the story idea. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the special mention of "VIP" was the lift in the post..
    and the ques. on last para remains same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last para remind me about the old story "Rabbit and Tortoise" i think i don't need to explain as everyone know about the story. Good job Dubeji

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is like the instant sought of blog. and the best part was (as antarik would say) you kept it simple silly :)
    One of the intelligent way to pep up in life is to draw inspiration from small things like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shivam and Pritesh :)...and yeah the last para is like an overview of the epiphany :P...and thanks Antarik!! and the funny thing was not here it was what i was saying when i was telling u to read it and i was trying to say that when u will read this u would find that more funny..will explain in colg :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. its really nice, i like it.......

    ReplyDelete