Friday 27 January 2012

A girl must shop !!



“Wednesday, 25th of January I’ll be done with my blog entry”, I said to a friend. She replies “Sunakshi you won’t be posting it before the last minute, till the time you can delay it.” And she was right. I am here writing this in the last hour. I don’t know why I thought till this hour that I could do away without writing this. Finally, left with no choice I switched on my laptop to write this blog but I realised there is something I haven’t done in the day. Something which is much closer or dearer to my heart than this. I have NOT shopped or to compensate for that, visited a shopping website in the day.

I knew, to concentrate on blog writing I had to get done with my tour to the shopping websites or else that’s all that I would have in my mind. And now when i have come back to this word document after half an hour I finally know what I am going to write. The girls might stay hooked to this blog now and the guys might have a “Oh! Not again” expression on their faces, specially my guy friends. But guys, the “I like what you are wearing” compliment you pass on to a girl is because she puts out her heart and soul shopping for that. A guy/man standing patiently with a girl/lady shopping with him is someone who knows it correctly and accurately what is going to make her smile.

A mall and a wallet with a credit card is all that I need to live my life, to fight away the tensions and to smile conditionally. I don’t remember when was the last time I went to a mall with my dad. Not because I don’t like going to malls. Not because our timings clash. But just because he finds it safe not to go with me. One simple reason SHOPPING ! And the second one, that it’s tough for a Daddy’s daughter to accept a no. Girls like it and they want it. No ifs, no buts. No two ways about it. I think we girls are one breed who can spend a day in a mall and at times return empty handed. Get up the next day and go to the same mall, same shops and have our wallets empty. It’s not that we are stupid or blind. It’s just that we can put in any amount of hard work and dedication in this or at times act like a professional in this. It’s an art all by itself [:P].

Many around me haven’t learnt this art and I wonder how do they resist doing the same. I don’t know how many of you have actually done this. But yes, I do enter baby stores and think if I would have been smart and sensible enough to shop for myself when I was a baby what would have I picked up.

The ladies shopping for hours and hours in the malls and markets are not jobless. It is just another important aspect of their life. It's a dose which boosts them for everything else. It is not about being weird or crazy. It is about loving to pamper yourself and for me, to feel my existence.




20 comments:

  1. Hahaha...gals!! :P
    Liked the intro...and the way the narration followed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shopping is the buzz word...except for the fact of shopping with your father(though the reasons are accepted)every part of it took me to follow it without missing on anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaar I am not getting anything to write but it brings smile on my face from 2nd paragraph to end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of "confession of a shopaholic".
    Baby store- potion was heights,has triggered some new thinking vibes in me(if you know what i mean).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.Yes Neha,I know how crazy it must have sounded but it is a fact.Shopaholics love pampering themselves anyhow.

      Delete
  5. sunakshi as far as i know you.... the way you are talking about shopping will actually motivate the banks to provide special shopping loan to every father.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish they came up with something like "shopping loans" the way they have other loans [:P]. I think a lot of fathers will be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really liked it, nice. shopping is d only thing u can think bout sunakshi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you sunakshi and its true that when u look good, u feel confident and then u luv to pamper yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. girls have a special bonding with shopping which we boys can't understand bt still u try to made us think through your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. great work,,,,even i want to tell u to the boys that they must go shopping with there sister because many of beautiful girls are found shopping which i guess every boy love to see ;):p

    ReplyDelete
  11. i agree, shopping isn't waste probably or rather possibly a way to pamper oneself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This coming from you, I think my blog has managed to solve the intended purpose [;)].

      Delete
  12. liked the narration n seriously shopping is sumthing for which we girls are ready 24x7!!!

    ReplyDelete