Wednesday 15 February 2012

Drums of heaven

We always complaint about things we don't have and problems we are facing in our life. For us those problems are very serious and are needed to be taken care off as soon as possible. I'll give you my own example to support my previous statement, for me currently my biggest problems are low attendance, assignments, to get new camera lenses, etc and these are very serious problems for me.

But for some people to get food, shelter, cloth , educating their children, etc are biggest challenges in their life.

In front of them my problems is like ant standing in front of an elephant.

I came across one such family near Rajiv Chawk metro station. I was clicking photographs in CP and saw a small boy with a plastic drum hanging around his neck and was playing it with a huge smile. I started clicking his photographs suddenly a lady came and asked me what I was doing. She turned out to be his mother, i explained her that I''m a student and this is what I do.
Ravi with his drum.

I asked her generally about the drum hanging around her son's neck. She replied that he always wear this drum around his neck and takes it everywhere with him.
When I asked that boy the reason behind it he replied that he wants to be a musician and this is the only instrument he has and therefore cannot afford to lose it.
I was stunned by his reply, a boy of around 6 or 7 years old understands the value of things he has.
It is rightly said that we only understand the importance of things when we don't have them.




18 comments:

  1. nice blog.... this reminds me of a girl whom I meet everyday.that 12year old girl is to clever and her reply to every question is actually worth hearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times looking around makes us realise how fortunate we are to have this beautiful life which we generally waste by cribbing.

    Like the concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds me of nick vujicic (author of life without limbs)..we are fortunate to have all the things in our life...nice thought by you and a grt work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our wants are the result of how life treats us. Hence, the difference in problems and desires. It is rightly said, "Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams". Who knows one day Ravi turns out to be a great musician.
    Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bro its great, i loved it...... doing photography also gives us different experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. itz vry touchng dhruv.. keep it up!
    a nicely framed, emotions stirring story..
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great work Dhurv bhai and its really heart touching......

    ReplyDelete