Monday 2 April 2012

Why stay behind the Bars



A holiday is always a delight, but an unplanned holiday becomes adventurous indeed. Well, a long distance journey may not have allowed me to move out with bags in half an hour with no pre requisite planning, but a sudden plan does let u experience the joy of exploration. A student in Delhi University has to know travelling and it tastes bitter, but only when it’s a compulsion, metro announcements freak us out as monotony is merciless. But that was one fine day, when home was actually sweet and the thought of completing a year in the university was delightful. A vacation with family at a hill station was repetitive; going with friends was fun but ordinary. My mind could be satisfied with an independent voyage. At 3 o clock without eating mentos, I can assure u DIMAG KI BATTI jali and I decided to pack my bag and leave for Rajasthan. With relatives already there I easily got permission, but train or bus, it was not an easy choice. A random choice was train, which I was told left at 4, but to my surprise it was there at 345, exactly when I reached. The first step on the platform and the train was ready to leave. Turning back and looking at the queue was disappointing, going back home was no option, waiting for another train till 8 was again no option. The only option was to run and catch the train, adrenalin was my friend then. Travelling without ticket was an offence, but going back would have done no good to my morale. I managed to get a seat in the sleeper class and a ticket as well from the tt. The ticket in hand was no excitement, hand without it was more satisfied and heart was more active. On reaching the terminus I was in safe hands which were an end to excitement and adventure. But the journey alone with people from different areas, culture and religion is different and memorable. Travelling alone like common people with common people in common transport is very uncommon for girls, but why stay behind bars, when sky is the limit. After reaching Rajasthan the tour was good and fun with cousins and relative, the havelis, the markets were all Rajasthan style. But worth mentioning was the distance I covered MYSELF.


BY PRERNA ARORA

1 comment: