Sunday 8 April 2012

Uncertainity of life...

Sleeping after heavy pressure of exams, in dreams of spending my vacations on hill station

Tring tring …

Me: Hello, whose this?

HR: Hello I’m calling from Headlines Today; we have received your CV would you like to work with us?

And suddenly the whole tiredness went off some where?

Me: Suddenly Vacations plan strikes and sir can I come for an interview after 1st as I’m not in Delhi right now?

HR: we want u to join as early as possible can you please come tomorrow for an interview? You can think I will call you back after 2 hours and Hung up the phone call!

Me: Amazed! Which HR will tell u that I will call you back after 2 hours??

Jumped out of my bed, I started calling my dad and others to discuss this as I was confused whether I should go for this or not? After taking the opinion of 5-6 people it was my turn to take the final step of moving ahead or kicking the opportunity and to continue with my earlier plan.

But this time I decided of taking this opportunity as I remembered a quote which my dad always tells me i.e. “Opportunities missed are opportunities lost” and it’s very true! If I wouldn’t have taken that offer someone else might have but the things which I have learned before the start of my semester makes me stand aside.

Let continue with the journey of reaching and joining the organization

It was almost an hour now that I haven’t received any phone calls so I started calling myself so that I can inform them that I will take it. I tried calling but couldn’t reach to the authorized person. Then I wrote a mail conforming that I would take this opportunity.

I got a call from the office again asking me to come for an interview scheduled on 23 Dec the very next day at 10 am.

Excited about next day! I couldn’t sleep whole night.

Next day I reached office at 9:30 for the scheduled interview with excitement then I was taken to Mr Shailender Jha Editor of TVTMI institute. After a general round of interview he just asked me would u like to work for sports desk if you are interested. I agreed to sports desk as its my field and moreover its safe to choose sports as I have knowledge about sports.

Office phone number flashing on my phone! Shocked, surprised, I received the call someone on phone asking me where you are. I was surprised why they are calling me again and again later,

I got to know I have joined on the same day just after my interview another fellow intern took me for a formal introduction with the colleagues of sports desk.

Finally the journey begins!

After learning few things with the fellow intern, I got to know that I have early morning shift at 5 AM and I was stunned with this news. 5W 1H was running in my mind after hearing this. It was for India – Australia series which was to be started early morning and I have to come and log and record the match the work which I have never done before and my boss told me just once about the rooms and machines and then he told me that I will be alone in the morning doing this. It was all exciting and terrifying but I’m did managed everything well

During my one month stay with the headlines today I have worked on some of the things which I never wanted to work. I learned editing, production, meet many Mr. Kapil Dev on sports desk, everyone was friendly in the office except few.

Headlines Today is a great organisation to work with as they will never allow you to sit free and this kind of organization give you chance to explore your hidden talents.

It’s been a week in the organization made so many friends had so many arguments for finishing the deadline for the show. Its always fun to work in office except some boring days when I have nothing to do just to sit and enjoy

It was really fascinating to see anchors working and meeting and working with the one whom you have watched on television from last 10 years is a lifetime opportunity. During my stay at HT I many a times got fascinated towards anchoring and still the craze is on.

After working for a month I could feel the change.

At the end I would like to say we all should work towards our goal and should not miss any opportunities as you never know what turns out to be gold for you and life is full of uncertainty and surprises and what ever good comes to your way we should take it

4 comments:

  1. keep working hard wrorking boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to work really hard if you want to make a mark in the Television Industry! SO keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got to work really hard if you want to make a mark in the Television Industry! SO keep going :)

    ReplyDelete